Spirits of the Red Sand Evening Theatre Show + Dinner
From AUD $99.00
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Beenleigh, QLD
- Product code: P9YMCZ
The Aboriginal Experience of Australia the world has been waiting for....
Spirits of the Red Sand is an interactive Aboriginal Live Theatre Show & delicious dinner - the only experience of its type in Australia.
Experience an evening of powerful storytelling, unique Aboriginal rituals & a hearty Australian Char-grilled feast. Perfect for families, couples, singles and those interested in the world's most ancient culture.
You'll journey back in time to the 1800's, walking through various interactive scenes where live theatre tells the story of Jarrah and his brothers. This is a uniting story of how two cultures come together to form a nation. The experience is set within a 19th Century Australian village, complete with the largest Pre-Colonial Aboriginal village including authentic Gunyah (Aboriginal hut) dwellings.
The village is alive with sights, sounds & activity of days gone by including weaving, carving, hunting, fire-making.
You'll witness first hand as two cultures come together to form a nation and you'll get to connect with Aboriginal culture like never before. Engaging all the senses through light and audio installations, the live theatre experience is brought to life via a cast of 18 direct descendants of the very story you'll be walking through. Throughout the show, you'll move between different sets. Find yourself in the darkened theatre of the Dreamtime; a church; a jail and more - you're right amongst it!
Located halfway between Gold Coast and Brisbane at the Beenleigh Historic Village, it's easy to get to and easy to return from. Just 30 minutes from Brisbane City and Airport and 40 minutes from Gold Coast City and Airport. We also offer coach transfers from select hotels in Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast and Brisbane.
*All Self-Drive guests must arrive between 6.00-6.15pm for 6.30pm show start.
Spirits of the Red Sand Evening Experience
- All guests participate in our traditional Aboriginal welcome
- Journey from Dreamtime to 1800s Australia through an audio/visual experience
- Powerful live moving theatre where chapters of a true story unfold before you
- Hearty Australian Buffet feast, followed by sumptuous desserts
- Water, Coffee, Tea, Hot chocolate & Lemon Myrtle tea included, Licensed bar available
- Special dietary requirements and Special celebrations catered for upon request
- 6.15pm Self-Drive guests to Arrive, Ticketing, Licensed Bar is Open
- 6.30-7.30pm Interactive Aboriginal Live Theatre Show
- 7.30-8.15pm Hearty Australian-style 3 course Char-grilled Buffet Dinner
- 8.30pm Depart
- Piping Hot Damper with dipping oils and bush dukkah
- Hearty Australian-style Char-grilled Buffet. Choose from beef, lamb or chicken (or sample them all!). Cooked to perfection and infused with our signature bush rub
- Served with baked potatoes, seasonal salads and winter vegetables and indigenous inspired chutneys and sauces
- Tropical fresh fruit platter with fresh cream; Lemon Myrtle cheesecake or Pavlova
Vegan/Vegetarian: Veggie Kabobs
Gluten Free available. Option to advise us of dietary requirements shortly.
The story of Spirits of the Red Sand is based on true events and authentic elements of Aboriginal culture. Many of our characters have been inspired by real people living in 1800’s Australia. All of our Aboriginal actors are direct descendants of Australian Aboriginal tribes – their families experienced many of the events they bring to life in the show. At the end of the show, you can mix and mingle with the cast during a hearty Australian-style Char-grilled buffet Dinner.